12 Important Bible Truths About the Holy Spirit You Need To Know
Do you want to know more about the Holy Spirit, the third person of the Trinity? Here are 12 important truths about the Holy Spirit and His role in our lives:
The Holy Spirit is an essential part of the triune Godhead. He is equal to God the Father and God the Son, yet distinct in his own unique way. He is active in both the Old and New Testaments and is essential for believers to have a relationship with God. Here are 12 important truths about the Holy Spirit:
1. The Holy Spirit is God (Acts 5:3–4). This is an important truth to remember: the Holy Spirit is God. He is co-equal with the Father and the Son and is an integral part of the triune Godhead.
2. The Holy Spirit was active in creation (Genesis 1:2). The Holy Spirit was not only active at the beginning of creation, but he is still active today. He is the one who sustains and upholds all creation.
3. The Holy Spirit indwells believers (Romans 8:9). When we accept Jesus as our Savior, the Holy Spirit comes to dwell within us. He is our helper, counselor, and comforter.
4. The Holy Spirit teaches (John 14:26). The Holy Spirit is our teacher. He illuminates our understanding of Scripture and shows us the truth of God’s Word.
5. The Holy Spirit convicts of sin (John 16:8). The Holy Spirit is the one who brings conviction for sin. He gently, yet firmly, shows us our need for a Savior and points us to Jesus.
6. The Holy Spirit gives power to witness (Acts 1:8). The Holy Spirit is the one who gives us the power to witness. He guides us in what to say and gives us the boldness to proclaim the good news of Jesus Christ.
7. The Holy Spirit empowers believers to live godly lives (Galatians 5:16–18). The Holy Spirit is the one who gives us the power to live for God. He convicts us of sin and leads us to repentance, and he also empowers us to live out the fruits of the Spirit in our daily lives.
8. The Holy Spirit gives spiritual gifts (1 Corinthians 12:4–11). The Holy Spirit is the one who gives us spiritual gifts. He gives us different gifts, like wisdom, knowledge, faith, healing, and prophecy, to use for the building up of the church.
9. The Holy Spirit works in the world to bring people to faith (John 16:8–11). The Holy Spirit is the one who works in the hearts of unbelievers to bring them to faith. He moves in the lives of people and brings them to repentance.
10. The Holy Spirit will be with us forever (John 14:16). The Holy Spirit will never leave us. He is our comforter and guide, and he will be with us for all eternity.
11. The Holy Spirit intercedes for us (Romans 8:26–27). The Holy Spirit is the one who intercedes for us when we don’t know how to pray. He prays to the Father on our behalf and helps us know the will of God.
12. The Holy Spirit is essential for our relationship with God (John 16:13–15). The Holy Spirit is the one who enables us to have a relationship with God. He reveals the truth of God’s Word to us and helps us understand and apply it to our lives.
In conclusion, the Holy Spirit is an essential part of our faith. He is not just a passive observer but a dynamic part of our lives. He is our teacher, helper, and comforter. We can trust Him to guide us and lead us in the paths of righteousness.
(c) Apostle Jonas Clark
GET THE FREE JONAS CLARK REVOLUTIONARY REVIEW